- Use Graph Search to identify pools of customers who already like you and might buy more from you.
- Use it to identify types of prospective customers who you might want to engage with your sponsored posts.
- Ensure your page is rich in information, so people searching Facebook can find your business. Make sure the "About" section of your Facebook page is filled out, complete with business hours and a full description of your services or products. Include the URL of your website to direct customers there.
- Don't impede on people's privacy in your search or try to "sell" them by exploiting any of their personal information from Facebook. Instead, engage them.
- Understand that this is a new service (when launched), so expect changes and evolutions.
Protect your company's reputation
While Facebook Graph Search is an exciting addition, it also brings some privacy holes that business owners need to seal up. By being aware of the dangers it brings, you can protect your business and add a new phase to your Facebook marketing strategies.
For example, many users are concerned that Facebook Graph Search can unearth long-forgotten, embarrassing photos from college bashes. Most professionals carefully guard their online reputations these days, knowing that undesirable online postings can negatively impact their careers, not to mention their businesses. To that end, make sure your Facebook Page has the content you need while you carefully review the content of any personal pages you have in place. Additionally, encourage any employees representing your business to do the same.