- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2011
Areas of Interest:
- There are delays with iOS8 because of problems with the “HealthKit.” I’ve never heard of HealthKit before. What exactly is it?
1 week 6 days ago
- The lightning connection audio standard for Apple devices was announced almost three months ago. When will I be able to buy headphones that take advantage of the higher bandwidth and other features made possible by using the lightning connector?"
2 weeks 5 days ago
- I know that there is an easter egg of a Steve Jobs speech hidden on Macs. What I don’t know is how to find it. Anyone know?
5 weeks 2 days ago
- Beyond turning down screen brightness, what are some things I can do to improve battery life on an iPhone?
10 weeks 5 days ago
- Apple has installed moisture sensors (aka liquid contact indicators) in iPhones since the original version came out. If the sensor says there has been moisture damage, then you lose warranty coverage, so it’s pretty important that they don’t give false positives. How sensitive are these sensors?
11 weeks 4 days ago
- A friend of mine sent a link about Slingshot, an iOS app that essentially works like Snapchat - it lets you send and receive photos and videos that are automatically deleted once they are viewed. However, the app had already been pulled by the time I had a chance to check it out. What’s up? Why did Facebook pull Slingshot?
16 weeks 1 day ago
- How can I get the beta version of Mac OS X Yosemite?
16 weeks 6 days ago
- How can I listen to the audio portion of a video I’ve downloaded from iTunes without having the video part actually playing? I’d rather not have the video playing while it’s in my pocket - I always seem to tap something by accident.
19 weeks 54 min ago
- When trying to open a Pages file that is stored in iCloud, I got a “LibrarianErrorDomain Error 1 - unable to initiate download” message. What can I do to resolve this, I need to access that file?
21 weeks 4 days ago
- How do I go about moving photos from iPhoto to iMovie so I can edit the still images into a video?
24 weeks 1 day ago
- I like My Photo Stream because it takes my iPhone photos and saves them to iCloud. What I don’t like is that it takes ALL my photos and does it immediately. That means all those photos of my fingertips, my feet, and my blurry cat are uploaded and I have to go in manually and delete them later.
27 weeks 1 hour ago
- On an iPhone forum I visit occasionally, there was a recommendation not to upgrade to iOS 7.1 because it would cause shorter battery life. Is there any truth to this, or is it just another internet rumor?
27 weeks 6 days ago
- What’s new in iOS 7.1? Any major changes?
29 weeks 1 day ago
- Apple has apparently stopped updating Snow Leopard. Is there any way to continue to use it safely, or is the only safe option an update to a newer version of OS X?
30 weeks 5 days ago
- Since I’ve installed iOS7, I occasionally get random reboots, where the screen is just black with a white apple symbol in the middle. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there any solution to it? It doesn't happen that often, but it sure is annoying when it does.
34 weeks 5 days ago
- On all the other versions of iOS I’ve used before, you could just double click the home button, hold down the app’s icon in the app switcher tray and kill it from there. That doesn’t work for me in iOS 7. Anyone know what the new process to force close an app is, assuming you can still do it?
35 weeks 4 days ago
- A four digit number seems woefully weak as a password. It would be rejected on most websites, yet that’s what we have on the iPhone, Is there an option for a longer, more secure password on iPhones?
37 weeks 1 day ago
- Is there a way to make email on an iPhone work more like gmail does when it comes to images that are in emails and not automatically download them when I open the message?
37 weeks 5 days ago
- Is it worthwhile to spend the extra money to get Applecare+ when getting a new iPhone? I’ve paid extra for extended warranties in the past only to find that everything that broke fell under “wear and tear” and wasn’t covered.
40 weeks 2 hours ago
- I don’t need to get overage fees from my wireless carrier because facebook wants to push more advertising my way. Is there a way to limit these to WiFi only at least? I’m using an iPhone 4S.
40 weeks 5 days ago
- How can I see plain-text passwords that I’ve saved to my iCloud keychain?
41 weeks 1 day ago
- What do I need to do to authorize my new iMac for iTunes?
42 weeks 6 days ago
- With iOS 7, when I want to send a set of photos by email, I’m limited to sending 5 at a time. It’s not an issue most of the time, but it is annoying when it is. Is there a way to send more than 5 in a single email?
45 weeks 4 days ago
- After upgrading to Windows 8 (running on a MacBook Pro using Boot Camp 5), it’s not recognizing any Thunderbolt devices. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?
46 weeks 8 min ago
- I know there is the usual Steve Austine type general improvements - lighter, faster, thinner - but is there anything that really impacts the user experience that has changed? With iOS 7 running just fine on existing iPads which also have the same Retina display, would an owner of an existing iPad even notice a difference with the iPad Air?
49 weeks 26 min ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.