- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: July 2011
Areas of Interest:
- More details have come out about Windows Blue: it will be a free upgrade to Windows 8.1 for Windows 8 users. One thing I wasn't expecting is that it will also be available for Windows RT, which could be a nice upgrade. What does Microsoft really need to change on Windows 8.1 to make users of the most recent version of Windows like it more?
5 days 2 hours ago
- How can I tell if an app uses the auto save and versions features in Mountain Lion?
13 weeks 3 days ago
- You can zap your PRAM/NVRAM by restarting your machine and pressing Command+Option+P+R. Make sure to hold keys down until it restarts. I would continue to do it until it restarts again, but I'm honestly not sure whether there is any benefit to doing so or if it is an old Mac wives tale.
15 weeks 2 days ago
- Is there a risk to Mac users from Java 7, or does it only apply to Windows PCs?
17 weeks 4 days ago
- Chicago Parking is the one I really know, but it hasn't been updated in over a year, so I have stopped using it. The same developer had similar apps for LA, NYC, etc., but I'm not sure if those have also been abandoned. I think you pretty much have to be in a large urban environment to get good information.
25 weeks 3 days ago
- If you are in the certification issuing business, I'm sure that's a big, resounding, "Yes, of course!"
26 weeks 4 days ago
- I think the most obvious alternative for data centers is a natural gas backup generator. Start time is longer than with diesel though, so you have to take that into account. There is also the issue of potential interruption of natural gas supply in the event of some natural disasters, such as earthquake.
33 weeks 2 days ago
- I was wondering if anyone that had already upgraded to Mountain Lion thought there were any reason not to upgrade. Mountain Lion is a major update to OS X, and I don't want to jump right in if there are changes for the worse. How do people like it so far? Any issues?
42 weeks 3 days ago
- I didn't have any problems, and I didn't hear of other people having any issues either.
44 weeks 5 days ago
- I remember Steve Jobs talking about the Retina display as being the limits of what is the human eye can discern. Was he right? Have we reached, for lack of a better term, visual perfection for displays as far as the human eye is concerned?
46 weeks 6 days ago
- jlister asks Are you worried that this weeks leak of LinkedIn/last.fm/eHarmony will compromise your employees' passwords?Whenever I learn about another password hack, I just send out my stock "password hack" email. Essentially, it says, "Hey, I know none of you little angels would use your work account passwords for personal stuff, but...." So that went out Monday for LinkedIn, Wednesday for eHarmony, then again today for last.fm.
49 weeks 3 days ago
- Jonathan Ive, correction, SIR Jonathan Ive, Apple's senior VP of industrial design made reference to what Apple is working on now, and called it "the most important and best work we've done." That is saying something coming from a guy who worked on the iPod, iPhone and iPad. Any ideas what it could be?
51 weeks 3 days ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.