- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: July 2011
Areas of Interest: Cloud Computing
- It’s pretty similar to Android now. 1. Double tap the home button. This should bring up app previews. 2. Swipe from side to side until you find the app that you want to close. 3. Hold down the app that you want to close and swipe it up towards the top of the screen. The app is closed.
2 days 13 hours ago
- Apple's Gotofail security flaw has apparently been patched on both iOS and OS X. That’s great, although I’m concerned about the time between when I learned about it and when the flaw was introduced.
1 week 2 days ago
- When you are using the XBox One for a game/movie/etc. and you get a call over Skype, does it support multitasking so that you can continue what you were doing while you take the call, or do you have to stop until the call is over?
4 weeks 1 day ago
- How can I block adult content when using Safari on an iPad?
5 weeks 3 days ago
- I’m letting a neighbor share my WiFi temporarily, but he is across the street and at the very limit of a usable signal. He purchased a WiFi range extender and I’m curious where it should be placed for best effect. He set it up in his house, which didn’t really help (not surprise there).
6 weeks 1 day ago
- I couldn’t update my iPhone to iOS 7 because I got an error message that it was unable to update, not enough available storage. Can I update through iTunes instead of going through and deleting a bunch of my stuff?
13 weeks 3 days ago
- My X360 has put in almost 5 years of yeoman’s service, but it’s on it’s last legs. I have a large library of games, and since the XBox One is not backwards compatible, it’s either get another X360 or lose access to all those games. Gamestop sells both refurbished and used systems - is there an advantage of one over the other?
18 weeks 14 hours ago
- I think this may be an iOS 7 related issue, at least if you are using Gmail. I know some people have been having trouble accessing Gmail from iPhones for months, since Google apparently ceased support of activesynch/exchange at the end of January.
21 weeks 15 hours ago
- What is the difference between HTML and XHTML?
21 weeks 2 days ago
- Unfortunately, AT&T can pretty much do what they want. I suppose the obvious answer is to use a VPN, but that is no iron clad guarantee. It isn’t like a court of law, AT&T (and other ISPs) don’t have to prove anything, and you’ve probably given away your right to go to court anyway under the terms of your contract with them.
24 weeks 3 days ago
- Hola Unblocker will let you access Netflix (and other websites) as if you are in another country. I have it on my laptop, but I’m pretty sure there is an Android client as well. I’ve only tried it on the MacBook though
24 weeks 3 days ago
- Has anyone picked up one of the new Leap motion based controllers now that they are out? I thought it looked really neat in the demo videos, but of course, they would make it look as good as possible in those videos. What about in “real life”, any experiences, good or bad? Thanks.
28 weeks 2 days ago
- My son is starting college in about a month, and wants an iPad to use “for school.” I think a laptop would make more sense, but maybe I’m just basing that on my own college experience from the 90s. Don’t get me wrong, I love iPads, and use mine all the time, but I also have a desktop and laptop.
31 weeks 7 hours ago
- One of the best things is how much better/easier it works with different browsers, which is a big deal if you recall how screwed up a website could look in the past if you weren’t using a “supported” browser, which usually meant IE.
33 weeks 1 day ago
- iPhone 4 is the oldest officially listed as compatible. Not all features may work on the older devices though (it’s a little weird for me to think of an iPhone 4 as an “older device”). Siri, for example, will only work with iPhone 4S or later.
33 weeks 1 day ago
- ablake answers Re: How to stop iPhone from automatically syncing with iTunes when connected to a desktop?You are just looking in the wrong place; You need to do it through iTunes instead of your iPhone. Open iTunes, then go to Preferences>Devices. There will be a checkbox to disable auto syncing for iPhones, iPads and iPods.
34 weeks 15 hours ago
- I have a 4 year old MacBook Pro that is pretty sluggish. I don’t really want to spend the money to buy a new machine; what can I do cheaply to improve its performance?
35 weeks 1 day ago
- I saw an article on BGR that had purported leaked photos of the iPhone 5 assembly line. I don’t think an official date has been given, but that summer release has apparently turned into this fall. Here is a link to the article with the possible iPhone 5S in all of its blurry glory.
36 weeks 1 day ago
- Using an online guide that walked me through it, I killed Finder through terminal commands. Now I’d actually like to have it back, but I have no idea what I need to do. How can I restore Finder in OS X?
36 weeks 2 days ago
- I would like to get Microsoft Office Mobile for iPad, but I don’t want to pay $100 a year for an Office 365 subscription. Can Office Mobile for iPad be used without Office 365, or is that the only option?
37 weeks 4 days ago
- Open SETTINGS>NOTIFICATIONS>MESSAGES. Scroll down until you see “Show Preview” and slide the switch to off. This way it will still notify you when you get a new message, but the preview won’t be visible for the world to see.
38 weeks 18 hours ago
- I am a fan of nutritious eating and practice such by consuming the most natural foods I can. I see GMOs as a plague in American society and feel as though Monsanto is a hindrance to a healthy lifestyle.
38 weeks 3 days ago
- It's not really intended to be a normal tablet. I haven't seen the latest version, but a friend of mine has an "old" version (actually not a Paperwhite, but a touch). It is good to read on, but it has a very slow screen refresh rate.
40 weeks 6 days ago
- Here is a detailed guide to using Time Machine to restore your system. It's lengthy, but should cover what you want to do. Just get out your reading glasses.
42 weeks 6 days ago
- I've seen the press releases, er articles, about Google Now being available on iOS. I'm not sure I understand what it does. I thought it was something like Siri, but a co-worker that uses Android says it is completely different. Unfortunately, he couldn't show me because his Android phone wasn't new enough to support it apparently.
44 weeks 3 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.