- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- If you send an SMS text message to someone’s landline telephone, what happens? Does their phone ring, does it show up on caller ID, or do they pick up and hear something like a dial-up modem?
11 weeks 2 days ago
- How can I make a Mac start-up without chiming at me every time? I know it’s a minor thing, but it’s like the princess and the pea for me - a little thing that annoys me to an irrational level.
21 weeks 1 day ago
- I’ve heard many good reviews of Linux operating systems like Ubuntu and Mint from a number of reliable sources. I’d like to try both of these operating systems but I don’t want to wipe out Windows so what is the best way to do this?
26 weeks 1 day ago
- Now that Micorsoft has migrated Hotmail users over to Outlook, will people still receive emails sent to their Hotmail addresses?
30 weeks 6 days ago
- Well, first off, anything that Fox News says can usually be counted on to be an exercise in hyperbole. There is little chance that the US would become a signatory to any treaty that reflected a move for greater governmental control as pushed by the Russians, Saudis, and Chinese.
51 weeks 21 hours ago
- News out of Syria this weekend included the shutdown of the internet there. Would that be possible in the US? How hard would it be to "flip the switch" Assad-style and shut down the internet in the US of A?
1 year 1 day ago
- I saw that there is a new "Social Media Security Professional" (SMSP) certification in the works. I'm old enough to remember when there wasn't Facebook (or even MySpace), so maybe I'm a bit of a geezer, but is here really a need for a separate IT certification for social media?
1 year 3 weeks ago
- OldHippie asks Will the accuracy of election predictions push big data into mainstream consciousness?It was pretty impressive how closely the presidential election results matched the models. Little kids are probably running around with calculators pretending to be Nate Silver, "Look mommy! I'd a data scientist, and I can predict the future."
1 year 3 weeks ago
- I always wait for a little while before I upgrade the machines I rely on for work to most things when they are first released, whether that is software or hardware. I think that is just being prudent. There are always going to be some issues, whether major or minor.
1 year 18 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.