- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- There have been stories on half of the websites I’ve visited today about Amazon exploring the use of unmanned drones for rapid delivery of orders. Is this a realistic possibility, or a sci-fi pipe dream?
13 weeks 4 days ago
- I saw a Acer C720 Chromebook listed for $199, but it only has 16Gb of storage and no HDD. My first reaction was, “Nope,” but after thinking about it a little, maybe it’s not that big of a deal if you are using a Chromebook. After all, you are basically online all the time that you are using it, so there is always cloud storage.
16 weeks 11 hours ago
- How can I make Windows 8.1 go straight to the desktop when I boot up?
18 weeks 2 days ago
- When using Photoshop, what is the difference between a CMYK image and an RGB image? Why are there two different types of images?
19 weeks 1 day ago
- I’m using an Android phone with limited internal storage, and Chrome takes up a huge amount of space. What is a good browser for Android devices that doesn’t require a lot of storage?
19 weeks 4 days ago
- I have a new Asus CM series PC that I can’t get to connect to the internet. It tells me that I’m disconnected and displays a red X on top of the network connection icon. I’m using a Netgear router, and when I connected it to my laptop it worked. What should I do to resolve this?
20 weeks 1 day ago
- It’s not that hard, but I do suggest that you get a decent microphone for recording instead of using a build in mic on a laptop so it doesn’t sound all muddy. Also, to make it sound and flow better, write out a script and go through it a number of times so that you don’t have that weird “1st time caller” voice.
21 weeks 3 days ago
- I’ve been reading about the guy from Silk Road with the catchy nom de plume of Dread Pirate Roberts who got busted for soliciting a hit man on the deep web. Which raises the question for me, what exactly is the deep web? I understand that it is a portion of the internet that is not readily accessible to most users, but that's about it.
22 weeks 1 day ago
- The short answer for a basic screenshot is command-shift-3. Here is a list of other keyboard shortcuts for screenshots if you want to take them like a boss.
24 weeks 4 days ago
- What’s the best way to migrate data from an old Mac to a new Mac?
28 weeks 12 hours ago
- What changes will Apple make to the iPhone line with the iPhone 5S?
29 weeks 2 days ago
- Anyone know how many arms and legs this is going to cost me? Late last year it the Apple store was charging $400 to replace an iPhone 5 screen, which was just crazy.
31 weeks 13 hours ago
- I have a cracked screen on an iPhone, but it works ok. Could it cause damage to other components if I don’t replace it right away, or is it ok to continue to use it?
31 weeks 3 days ago
- Is the risk limited to developers, or do Apple iOS users need take any additional steps to protect themselves?
32 weeks 4 days ago
- I’m not exactly a tin-foil hat wearer, but I would like to reduce the amount of information about me that is easily available to companies, the government, etc. Are there effective ways to increase online privacy that don’t require a lot of effort. Basically, I’m looking for the easy things I can do. Thanks.
35 weeks 2 days ago
- What can one do that the other can’t, if anything?
36 weeks 1 day ago
- Can I use a version of Facetime for Windows, or does it only work with Macs? I like it better than Skype.
36 weeks 2 days ago
- How do I reset the PRAM on a iMac?
36 weeks 2 days ago
- It can be either. A cloud based (aka network-based) firewall performs the same tasks as a “traditional” firewall. However, if you prefer you can implement a hybrid system.
38 weeks 3 days ago
- Which would make more sense to look for when buying a personal laptop for general use?
39 weeks 1 day ago
- I just had a family reunion and ended up leaving with 3 old laptops from an uncle who was getting ready to junk them as he just purchased his lucky children all new Macs. Per his “computer guy” all have bad hard drives.
39 weeks 4 days ago
- It matters to most people that are Redditors, I think. It’s a sort of reaffirmation that what you have to say is of some worth, however little it may be.
40 weeks 1 day ago
- It makes no difference what OS your phone is using, other than selecting the proper app to install.
40 weeks 1 day ago
- I read an article in the Wall Street Journal today about the 3D phone that Amazon is supposedly developing. If memory serves, this is not a new thing, LG made a 3D phone a couple of years ago, which I barely remember because I never saw one outside of a store. The 3D TV push seems to have faded significantly.
43 weeks 13 hours ago
- It certainly appears that BYOD is here to stay. Has anyone figured out the impact from a financial perspective? Does it actually cost a business money to embrace BYOD, or does it save money?
50 weeks 3 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.