- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- I had the pleasure of speaking with Tom Catalini about his new eBook “Talking Points: Communication Skills to Advance Your IT Career “.
4 days 3 hours ago
- I’ve been bouncing from technology-to-technology and application-to-application for about ten years. As a result, I’m always a worker and never the leader. How do I pick the right technology and application area to stick with and become a real expert?
1 week 3 days ago
- My last blog discussed the “marketing” side of IT job hunting. Today’s blog discusses “sales”.
2 weeks 4 days ago
- I’m looking for an overall plan for my job search. I’ve updated my resume, I’m applying for jobs online, and I’m doing some personal networking. It’s funny, I’m a Project Manager by profession and can’t seem to create a project plan for finding myself a new job. Your thoughts please?
3 weeks 5 days ago
- Help, I’m a Business Analyst and I just lost my job. My company just closed and everyone working there was just told to go home. What should I do first to get a new job?
4 weeks 5 days ago
- I had the great pleasure of speaking with Jim Maholic, a VP in Hitachi Consulting’s Management Consulting and Industries Practice. We discussed how to identify, calculate and communicate the value of large scale IT projects, based on Jim’s book “Business Cases that Mean Business”.
6 weeks 3 days ago
- I’ve been in IT for about four years as an individual contributor and would like to be a CIO one day. How do I get there?
7 weeks 4 days ago
- Help! My resume looks great, my job experience is right on target, and I have great references. My problem is whenever I do a phone-based interview or job screening, they never call me back. How can I improve my phone-based interviews?
9 weeks 8 hours ago
- My daughter just graduated college with a degree in Computer Science and landed a job with an insurance company in their IT department. What makes an IT person successful?
9 weeks 4 days ago
- I am an accountant with over eight years experience in banking financial control and wish to change my career and move into IT. I just do not know exactly where to begin the journey.
10 weeks 2 days ago
- I am going to lightly lay some Pro Tips on you and your phone talking. Fear not: they are real tips, based on actual fixes.
10 weeks 4 days ago
- I have been an individual contributor for almost five years and would like to become a manager. What class should I take to get the management skills I need to be promoted?
11 weeks 5 days ago
- Don't lose sight of another reason to try out DuckDuckGo on your iPhone or iPad: it is a really smart search engine that wants to save you time.
12 weeks 1 day ago
- I recently graduated from a technical school with the goal of changing careers and entering the IT field. I have a little IT professional experience and my A+ certification. Any tips on finding a job?
12 weeks 4 days ago
- The entirety of calorie counting is a really, really rough estimated science. And it hasn't changed that much in more than 100 years.
13 weeks 1 day ago
- The combination of programming and database skills are not only a wonderful combination from a software development perspective, it also has the potential to pivot you into other technical areas.
13 weeks 4 days ago
- Lux is an app that remembers just how bright you actually need your phone to be to see the screen. It saves you serious battery life in the long haul.
14 weeks 1 day ago
- I had the incredible pleasure of speaking with AARP CIO Terry Bradwell. From a CIO’s perspective, he is living the dream and, in my eyes, is a role model for all IT professionals, from the newest intern to the most experienced CIO. This is what he said and how it can help you in your career.
14 weeks 3 days ago
- Phones are getting harder, but not necessarily tougher. What that means, exactly, explained here.
15 weeks 1 day ago
- I have a BS in IT Engineering, my CCNA certification, and am currently studying for my CCNP. I’m also in a post graduate program in network engineering. My graduate classes seem out of date and boring. I don’t have time to do both, should I prepare for the CCNP exam or continue my university studies?
15 weeks 4 days ago
- The Lantronix xPrintServer Cloud Edition can turn many, many wireless and USB printers into Cloud-Print-ready printers.
16 weeks 1 day ago
- I have been working on the Help Desk for about five years. I’d like to expand my skills and have been thinking about learning more about supporting mobile devices. Do you think this is a good idea? If yes, what should I learn?
16 weeks 5 days ago
- I have dug deep through IFTTT's shared recipes and other nerdy parts of the web to return with the most useful Android-ready setups.
17 weeks 2 days ago
- Great IT Client service is much more than just fixing someone’s PC, writing the software they specifically request, flawlessly execute nightly production, and/or provide a stable general computing environment. These are, of course, incredibly important and the basis of IT’s value to the organization, but they are not the whole story.
17 weeks 5 days ago
- Make your phone do convenient, geek-approved things when tapped on NFC tags: in your car, on your bike, by your bed. It's really cheap fun.
18 weeks 1 day ago
- 1 of 15