- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: March 2012
Areas of Interest:
- It's more or less the same, I think, but Windows 8 has some additional features. You can install Office 2013 and link it to Skydrive Pro. http://winsupersite.com/office-365/office-365-go-windows-8rt-experience
5 days 12 hours ago
- What steps should be taken to make websites secure against default script attacks?
1 week 3 days ago
- It's always a bit of a guessing game to figure out what changes Google will make to their search engine algorithms. Google is becoming better and better at semantic understanding, so it recognizes keyword stuffing and low quality, spammy content.
3 weeks 3 days ago
- You might want to give Undead Pixel a try; even if it doesn't work, it has a cool name. It will not work every time, but it essentially quickly cycles the pixel, which can sometimes "unstick" them. Undead Pixel is freeware, so you have nothing to lose, and if it works you can always donate a buck or two to the developer.
4 weeks 1 day ago
- I have a friend who can't remember her WiFi password and didn't write it down anywhere. I have it stored on my Android phone (Galaxy S2), but of course all I can see is ***************. Is there a way to see the actual alphanumeric characters so I can help her recover the password (and get some helpful guy points)?
5 weeks 4 days ago
- It sounds like an advertising pop-up disguised to appear as if a virus is active on your machine. I've seen similar pop-up ads before. Think about it, if it really was a virus or malware, who would design it so it was so obvious and threatening. That would defeat the purpose of the malware.
5 weeks 4 days ago
- Generally I would say just stick with the Windows 7 firewall, and if you are having trouble, try uninstalling your current anti-virus program to see if it is causing a conflict. Other than that there are a number of free firewalls available.
5 weeks 5 days ago
- I don't have an X360, but I have a 10 year old daughter and a Wii, so I probably have a pretty good idea of your dilemma. In fact the reason why I don't have an X360 is because of her, there were just more appropriate game options on the Wii. A lot of games that fall under the "family friendly" grouping are, quite frankly, terrible.
7 weeks 1 day ago
- I agree that Avast! and AVG are among the best choices. I have used both, and while I still have AVG on my personal machine, I think Avast! may be the slightly better. AVG is a bit of a resource hog, and I've had a couple false positives recently.
8 weeks 3 days ago
- From what I understand the decision by the Librarian of Congress to make unlocking smartphones illegal doesn't actually mean that there aren't ways to still get them unlocked (legally). How do you go about unlocking them without breaking the law?
10 weeks 2 days ago
- Yeah, I don't think most Bluetooth keyboards support 2.3 - it is 2 years old, after all. Freedom Input makes some that do...not sure of any other choices, but there are probably some out there.
11 weeks 5 days ago
- There was a report from Pew earlier this month that said 61% of Facebook users have taken a "voluntary break" from it. I found Facebook to be a double edged sword in some ways, but I've never actually made a conscious decision to "take a break." Have you ever done it, and if so, why?
12 weeks 3 days ago
- Here is a short YouTube vid that walks you through one way to do it. http://youtu.be/KUAZE1mkZfQ
12 weeks 5 days ago
- I don't know why Windows 8 can be so janky to get to start in safe mode, but it sure can be if your machine is not booting up normally. Essentially, when you power up and the start sequence begins, hold down SHIFT and tap the F8 key like an OCD madman. http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-boot-into-windows-8-safe-mode/
13 weeks 1 day ago
- You can physically reset the router. Most Linksys routers have a recessed little button on the back or side that you have to push and hold. This will change it back to factory default settings, which includes reverting the admin password back to factory default.
15 weeks 2 days ago
- They are similar in what they are both intended to do - automate common tasks. Automator was introduced before AppleScript and is very easy to use. AppleScript is not quite as simple to use, but allows you much more flexibility, especially since it allows you to set conditionals (if...then), which Automator does not.
15 weeks 4 days ago
- dthomas answers Re: What is the most effective social media tool for connecting businesses with customers?I think there are two distinct areas you need to look at: customer outreach/relationships and brand advertising. The first area, building and maintaining relationships with (mostly) existing clients and customers is where I think social media is most valuable.
16 weeks 4 days ago
- The Tactus Technology touchscreen that morphs into a keyboard was pretty rad. Literally, little keys pop up when the keyboard is on screen. My mind boggles at all of the other uses I can think of for the technology. Of course, 90% of those are totally juvenile, but I just can't help myself.
17 weeks 5 days ago
- It's easy. The Get Connected Wizard will walk you through it. Microsoft has a detailed guide if you would like to check out a step by step guide.
18 weeks 1 day ago
- dthomas answers Re: How can I unlock my sprint phone so that I may use it with a different cell phone provider?First off, if it is a Sprint phone it is CDMA, so it is not compatible with AT&T or T-Mobile, which have GSM networks, no matter what you do. There are a few exceptions - a few phones are both CDMA and GSM compatible, but the only ones I can think of off the top of my head are a few BlackBerry and earlier iPhones models.
19 weeks 2 days ago
- I have Windows 7 installed on a Mac with a partitioned hard drive. How can I get rid of Windows and the partition? I'm using Mac OS X 10.6. Thanks in advance!
20 weeks 3 days ago
- I think they occupy fairly different niches, despite their similarity. Hulu is best for viewing current releases at your leisure, and it is the same price per month for Hulu Prime as it is for Netflix, so cost doesn't really enter into it for me.
22 weeks 5 days ago
- Media Player only allows you to switch regions a few times, and you must have exceeded your allotment. Even if you uninstall/reinstall, it won't allow you to do it again. If you want to watch those Japanese DVDs on your PC, you basically have three options.
23 weeks 3 days ago
- I think that this is quite difficult to accurately determine. I read a study a few month ago that posited something like 60% of the mobile ad clicks that occur are actually accidental. I looked for the study, but couldn't find it again, so my number may be slightly off, but not by much if I recall correctly.
23 weeks 5 days ago
- RIM says that it is going to add BBM Voice to its services, which will allow free voice calls over Wi-Fi between BlackBerry users. Obviously, I don't know how well the service will work, but free is good. Is this really a feature that will help drive users back to BlackBerry?
25 weeks 5 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.