- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- International conflicts such as the current tensions over Ukraine could stand in the way of global cooperation on cybersecurity, according to the founder of Kaspersky Lab.
12 hours 56 min ago
- In the race to protect themselves from the Heartbleed vulnerability, enterprises could be opening themselves up to new attacks if they aren't careful.
13 hours 56 min ago
- Many organizations today are looking for things that talk to the Internet. Sensors, cameras, medical equipment and even snowplows are on that wish list.
1 day 12 hours ago
- The latest entrant into cloud-based Wi-Fi plans to apply the technique to public Wi-Fi hotspots, helping enterprises and service providers to better manage and monetize their networks.
1 day 21 hours ago
- The idea of an Amazon smartphone, reportedly in the works for a September release, may seem far-fetched or foolhardy but isn't that big a stretch for the ambitious shopping, device and content giant.
4 days 15 hours ago
- Twitter was not affected by the Heartbleed Internet vulnerability that rocked the Web security world this week, making one less password consumers need to change to protect themselves, but users still need to be careful how they respond to the threat.
6 days 13 hours ago
- A power problem caused a widespread outage on AT&T's U-verse broadband service Monday that some customers said affected both TV and Internet service.
1 week 1 day ago
- A few lucky customers of the AmazonFresh grocery store will be able to order products just by speaking into the Amazon Dash, a futuristic wand that the company started offering by invitation on Friday.
1 week 4 days ago
- SimpleQL thinks the best way to bring business intelligence to people who've never drilled into big data is to help them decide what they want to know.
1 week 6 days ago
- Canonical is shutting down its Ubuntu One cloud-storage service rather than continue to go up against competitors such as Dropbox, Google Drive and EMC Syncplicity.
1 week 6 days ago
- Juniper Networks will lay off about 6 percent of its workforce and back out of application delivery controllers as part of a restructuring intended to cut costs and focus the company on markets where it can grow fast.
1 week 6 days ago
- A federal jury in New Jersey has handed a setback to Avaya, ruling that it illegally tried to quash competition for service on its enterprise communications equipment.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Aerohive Networks sells not just enterprise Wi-Fi gear but also cloud-based software designed to make it easier to set up and manage a customer's entire wired and wireless network. Other wireless LAN vendors are moving in the same direction, including Cisco Systems, the biggest seller of enterprise Wi-Fi, which acquired Meraki Networks in 2012.
2 weeks 4 days ago
- Five IT and equipment companies have formed a group to drive standards for the so-called Internet of Things, a network that would feed data back and forth between computers and all kinds of industrial gear.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- As it heads toward an estimated US$250 million initial public offering, cloud storage and collaboration provider Box is thinking outside, well, itself.
2 weeks 6 days ago
- A company that bought Nortel patents is suing Cisco Systems, alleging "immense" infringement by the network vendor's switches, routers and other products.
3 weeks 12 hours ago
- Open Compute Project Foundation leader Frank Frankovsky, who founded the project with colleagues at Facebook to help foster scalable data centers in large enterprises, has left the social-networking company for an optical storage startup.
3 weeks 18 hours ago
- Cisco Systems' "Intercloud" platform for interoperable cloud services could be combined with remote-computing technology to define the so-called Internet of Things from the weather-ravaged, intermittently connected edge to regional and global data centers.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- Symantec fired its second CEO in less than two years on Thursday, dismissing Steve Bennett and putting a board member in charge while the security vendor searches for a permanent replacement.
3 weeks 5 days ago
- Cloud storage provider SpiderOak has simplified the pricing of its enterprise service, updated its management console and introduced a mobile app for Android and iOS.
3 weeks 6 days ago
- Enterprises finally started opening their pocketbooks for external storage systems in the final quarter of last year, but economic uncertainty and the appeal of public cloud services continue to hold back the market, according to research company Gartner.
4 weeks 1 day ago
- A demonstration this week by networking vendor Huawei Technologies and chip maker Xilinx signaled the optical industry's eagerness for 400-Gigabit Ethernet, a standard that is still at least two years away.
4 weeks 5 days ago
- Law enforcement agencies in California are using devices that mimic cellular base stations to track mobile users, public records have revealed, triggering charges that the practice may be unconstitutional.
4 weeks 5 days ago
- As a company that draws more than 2 billion eyeballs per month, Facebook was a fitting harbinger of trends to come at an optical networking conference.
5 weeks 1 day ago
- A Qualcomm subsidiary's health communications platform will augment proprietary gear used by a company that provides remote care for 3.6 million people.
5 weeks 5 days ago
- 1 of 21