- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- Those Normal 3D printed earbuds we looked at a few weeks ago have some competition, and OwnPhones are wireless (and of course, more expensive).
17 hours 1 min ago
- Memory is one of the most important parts of your Unix system for performance. Let's look at some commands that will tell you what you need to know about the memory on the systems you manage is being used.
1 day 16 hours ago
- pasmith wrote Microsoft is shutting down Xbox Entertainment Studios, Sony proves it can't handle successSony promoted the heck out of the Destiny beta then couldn't handle the traffic it had created. Meanwhile Microsoft is giving up plans to develop original TV-style content.
4 days 17 hours ago
- I had the great pleasure of speaking with Jim Maholic, a VP in Hitachi Consulting’s Management Consulting and Industries Practice. We discussed how to identify, calculate and communicate the value of large scale IT projects, based on Jim’s book “Business Cases that Mean Business”.
5 days 13 hours ago
- Amazon leaked a $10/month ebook service and I'm seeing skepticism due to the fact that the 'big 5' publishers apparently aren't on-board. I'm not sure Amazon needs them. (Nor am I sure Amazon won't eventually get them.)
5 days 17 hours ago
- A contact lens that ends the need for diabetics to test their glucose levels? It sounds like science fiction but it could be a commercial product in 5 years.
6 days 17 hours ago
- When I was forced to switch from Verizon FiOS to Time Warner Cable I was annoyed, but these days I'm feeling like I dodged a bullet.
1 week 16 hours ago
- It's no longer just a matter of "Can you remember them?". Your passwords can serve as a form of catharsis or a way to remind yourself of where you want to be in life.
1 week 2 days ago
- Sure for some people a tablet is all that's needed to scratch that gaming itch, but the numbers show there's still a healthy market for dedicated gaming consoles.
1 week 4 days ago
- Why are 'Microsoft Spokespeople' always so indirect with their comments?
1 week 5 days ago
- You'll need an iOS or Android device to get your ears 'fitted' though.
1 week 6 days ago
- I’ve been in IT for about four years as an individual contributor and would like to be a CIO one day. How do I get there?
2 weeks 3 hours ago
- The top command is one of the most commonly used tools for getting a quick glimpse at performance, but it's rarely used to capture performance in the middle of the night. With just a little effort, however, it could become one of your favorite tools for off-hours capture of performance data.
2 weeks 14 hours ago
- It started (I'm assuming) as a joke but now there's $20,000 worth of potato salad on the line.
2 weeks 16 hours ago
- Earlier this week we learned that Google is buying playlist-oriented streaming music service Songza. As a Google Music subscriber I couldn't be happier.
2 weeks 4 days ago
- Nvidia's Shield is a handheld Android gaming device. Now the company many be following it up with a tablet that comes with some kind of physical controller.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- The company continues to try new ways to build an audience.
2 weeks 6 days ago
- Razer first showed Project Christine as a concept at CES 2014.
3 weeks 16 hours ago
- The diff command can be your best friend when you’re troubleshooting problems on a Unix system, but are you using it effectively as you could?
3 weeks 2 days ago
- Help! My resume looks great, my job experience is right on target, and I have great references. My problem is whenever I do a phone-based interview or job screening, they never call me back. How can I improve my phone-based interviews?
3 weeks 2 days ago
- One of the perks that comes with your annual $60 Xbox Live Gold subscription is access to Games With Gold and Deals With Gold, but the programs are a bit anemic on the Xbox One
3 weeks 4 days ago
- Google tries once more to take over your living room
3 weeks 5 days ago
- My daughter just graduated college with a degree in Computer Science and landed a job with an insurance company in their IT department. What makes an IT person successful?
3 weeks 6 days ago
- pasmith wrote Apple TV gets ABC News, PBS Kids and others; Chromecast gets Dailyburn, Stevie and more.It seems like the selection of content accessible via our streaming devices improves every week.
3 weeks 6 days ago
- Also, the iOS Instant Video app gets an update that includes free, ad-supported content
4 weeks 18 hours ago
- 1 of 41