- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- Meru CEO talks of company's 'symbiotic relationship' with Cisco, how to avoid 'Wi-Fi meltdowns'.
1 week 4 days ago
- The IT profession in many ways seems like a good fit for women, but the industry has a hard time attracting them and keeping those who do enter IT.
7 weeks 4 days ago
- abennett shared Bitcoin auction going ahead despite US Marshals gaffe on RedditThe U.S. Marshals Service is going ahead with an auction of US$18 million in bitcoins even though it inadvertently leaked the identities of potential bidders.
13 weeks 3 days ago
- I am going to lightly lay some Pro Tips on you and your phone talking. Fear not: they are real tips, based on actual fixes.
13 weeks 6 days ago
- Don't lose sight of another reason to try out DuckDuckGo on your iPhone or iPad: it is a really smart search engine that wants to save you time.
15 weeks 3 days ago
- The entirety of calorie counting is a really, really rough estimated science. And it hasn't changed that much in more than 100 years.
16 weeks 3 days ago
- Lux is an app that remembers just how bright you actually need your phone to be to see the screen. It saves you serious battery life in the long haul.
17 weeks 3 days ago
- Got 10 minutes? Tell us about cloud computing technology in your organization and enter for a chance to win $500.
17 weeks 6 days ago
- Phones are getting harder, but not necessarily tougher. What that means, exactly, explained here.
18 weeks 3 days ago
- The Lantronix xPrintServer Cloud Edition can turn many, many wireless and USB printers into Cloud-Print-ready printers.
19 weeks 3 days ago
- I have dug deep through IFTTT's shared recipes and other nerdy parts of the web to return with the most useful Android-ready setups.
20 weeks 4 days ago
- Five will win. Enter the drawing today!
20 weeks 5 days ago
- Make your phone do convenient, geek-approved things when tapped on NFC tags: in your car, on your bike, by your bed. It's really cheap fun.
21 weeks 3 days ago
- Official answer 1: Nothing! Official answer 2: Geo-map games! People's answers: more than you can imagine.
22 weeks 3 days ago
- Here are some of the apps and tools I would recommend trying out if you want to try making your phone conscious of your driving.
22 weeks 5 days ago
- If modern smartphones are all about making our lives easier, why don't they try harder at keeping us from using them while driving?
23 weeks 3 days ago
- IBM’s System/360 was a computing system that not only transformed the company that developed it, but the computer industry as a whole.
24 weeks 3 days ago
- I get this sense that sometimes you'd rather read, send, and reply to text messages from your laptop or desktop keyboard, using your actual cellphone number.
24 weeks 5 days ago
- abennett shared For the best ROI, get your computer science degree at a state school on StumbleUponBased on the expected annual return, computer science degrees from state universities pay off better than those from private schools
24 weeks 6 days ago
- For those who get it right, big data can pay big dividends. Inside, you’ll learn about healthcare providers, marketers and customer service groups that are getting great results.
25 weeks 9 hours ago
- "Share" is Android's greatest strength, and the hardest thing for newcomers to grasp. It has to get better for Android to step ahead.
25 weeks 4 days ago
- Let me just lay it all out here on the table, so there is no misunderstanding. The way we use phones has changed.
27 weeks 3 days ago
- Reflx Labs’ Boogio wants to make any shoe a smart shoe by using a sensor insole and 3D accelerometer. Target markets include gaming and diagnostics.
27 weeks 5 days ago
- abennett shared New crimeware tool Dendroid makes it easier to create Android malware, researchers warn on LinkedInA new commercial tool designed to allow cybercriminals to easily transform legitimate Android applications into malicious software has hit the underground market, paving the way for cheap and easy development of sophisticated Android malware.
28 weeks 4 days ago
- It's much harder than it looks to leave the wonderfully free world of Messages and get back to standard text messages with friends. So much so, you might wonder why it is so hard.
29 weeks 3 days ago
- 1 of 21