- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2012
Areas of Interest:
- The easiest way is just to use Microsoft’s “Fix it 50763” for this. http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9781772
5 days 14 hours ago
- You can buy an application such as SMS Export in the AppStore, but I can’t personally vouch for it (or any other similar app). The internet is cluttered with spam from companies hawking their software that does this though. On general principle, I won’t buy ANY product that is promoted by spammers.
1 week 6 days ago
- Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to read PDF files on Windows phones? I’m looking at a Nokia Lumia 920, and I have to review files saved in PDF format pretty often when I'm out of the office, so it’s an important feature for me.
2 weeks 9 hours ago
- I have Windows 8 (not Pro). Is there anyway to install Bitlocker, or do I have to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro to use it?
3 weeks 10 hours ago
- Is there something new that AT&T is doing or adding to their service? What is the reason behind the additional $0.61 charge they are adding to wireless bills starting next month?
3 weeks 5 days ago
- Can I install apps directly from an SD card on a Windows Phone?
9 weeks 2 days ago
- tganley asks Will T-Mobile's move away from cellular contracts change the industry's business model?I was watching some YouTube at home last night and every other video had a 15 second T-Mobile ad telling me that they had rejected the traditional contract based business model. If I had to list things I hear people complaining about, their cell contracts would definitely make the Top 10 List.
9 weeks 5 days ago
- The primary advantage that HTC is claiming for the "ultrapixel" camera is that it is superior in low light. I haven't used a new One myself, but many of the reviews I've read don't seem to see a huge advantage.
9 weeks 5 days ago
- Click "Set up Backup" on the top right side of the Windows 7 File Recovery pop-up window. It should work the same way as it did with Windows 7 to make system image backups.
14 weeks 5 days ago
- Will a fax machine work ok with a SIP/VoIP telephone system?
17 weeks 11 hours ago
- Is there a way to open multiple copies of a Word document at once on the same PC?
17 weeks 2 days ago
- Has the installed base of 5GHz client devices reached the point where it makes sense to have a 802.11a network (5GHz frequencies)?
19 weeks 2 days ago
- It's kinda hidden under your menu. It is in the extension manager. Click that tab and it will open up a large dialog box where you will see a "database" tab. Click on database, then just click the "fix" button on the top right side of that box (it looks like a circle/arrow recycle thingy). That should do it.
21 weeks 5 days ago
- There are a number of different programs that will let you do this: AthTek Skype Recorder, MX SkypeRecord, IMCapture, Skype Call Recorder, etc. If you are a Linux user, there is a nice video that runs through setup and use of Skype Call Recorder.
26 weeks 5 days ago
- The easiest way is just to go to www.evernote.com and log in to your account. Click settings and Bob's your uncle, your data use will be there around the middle of the page. I wish it was just there for you to see on your app or whatever you call a program these days.
27 weeks 2 days ago
- You know those large McDonald's coffees, the really big ones? I knocked one of those over on my keyboard this morning. On the upside, I found that this was at least as effective as drinking it would have been at waking me up. On the downside, there is coffee dripping out of my keyboard.
28 weeks 1 day ago
- I read a decent article about a month ago about mobile printing that included some of the pitfalls as well as the upsides. Maybe it would be useful. http://www.zdnet.com/the-good-bad-and-ugly-of-different-mobile-printing-...
28 weeks 5 days ago
- tganley asks Would you still use a movie service if it used camera to monitor the number of people watching?This one kind of blew my mind, but Microsoft filed a patent for technology to use a camera (like, oh, the Kinect for instance) to keep track of the number of people that are watching a movie, and presumably charge an additional fee if there are too many people watching it. Seriously.
31 weeks 5 days ago
- I would echo the earlier comments. Take disaster and business continuity planning seriously. Actually test your back up systems, and make certain that everyone understands their role.
32 weeks 6 days ago
- As an Android user myself, there are two things I look for in any new device that I intend to keep for any length of time. First, I want to make sure that it is running one of the newest versions of Android OS. For a new phone now, the oldest version I would consider is 4.0.
33 weeks 5 days ago
- Is there anything I need to do differently from installation on a traditional HDD?
39 weeks 1 day ago
- It's a little hard for me to follow your question, but I read it as you are trying to balance the amount of time and lost earnings with the increased earnings potential of more advanced degrees. SSC and HSC, as I understand it, equate to secondary education such as high school in the US.
39 weeks 5 days ago
- I don't think you really need to wait on the new version. Well, if you have a strong "buy Britannia" feeling, you should wait, because a portion of production is shifting from Communist China to the UK. On the other hand, if you are anti-Welsh, you should buy now, because the UK ones are going to be assembled in Wales.
40 weeks 1 day ago
- We are starting a new website that will have refreshed content on a regular basis, and we will need a content management system. To be perfectly honest, I don't have much of a background in website development, so this will be something of a learning experience for me.
40 weeks 6 days ago
- With the advent of relational databases, is there still a place for MDDBs in data warehousing today, or is that considered obsolete technology?
41 weeks 5 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.