- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- Some people are having fits about Google Glass. True, it will change how we think about privacy in public places, but such rethinking started years ago.
18 hours 26 min ago
- Get this: The CIA sees the cloud as being more secure than conventional IT.
4 weeks 18 hours ago
- Not every job is suitable for telecommuting. But for those that are, there are multiple benefits.
8 weeks 18 hours ago
- Microsoft needs to make up its mind whether it wants to stay a software company or if it's really serious about being a hardware power as well.
11 weeks 6 days ago
- We're heading to a new era of platform lock-in that extends to vendors' Internet services.
18 weeks 17 hours ago
- We seem to have entered an age of computing that I didn't see coming: the age of the terrible user interface. Windows 8 is leading the charge with not one, but two awful interfaces.
24 weeks 17 hours ago
- I'm 56. I'm not a grandfather -- not yet anyway -- but I'm old enough to be one. I first used the Internet in the '70s. My first programming language was IBM 360 Assembler. My first operating system was the IBM mainframe's OS/360.
28 weeks 17 hours ago
- It's been reported -- and Intel isn't denying it -- that Intel CEO Paul Otellini told his Taiwanese staff that Microsoft's Windows 8 operating system is being released before it's fully ready.
31 weeks 6 days ago
- Got a book in Amazon's AZW format and want to read it on your Barnes & Noble Nook? There's an app for that.
34 weeks 5 days ago
- Do you remember April 2010? That was when the tablet market sprang to life.
40 weeks 18 hours ago
- [chunklet] flickr/MartialArtsNomad.com
42 weeks 8 hours ago
- Some people love the movement known as bring your own device (BYOD). Some even insist that it's their right to bring their iPhones,
44 weeks 6 days ago
- There are all kinds of Linux servers. The most complicated of these require you to be a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE).
46 weeks 4 days ago
48 weeks 11 hours ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.