- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: September 2012
Bio: Timothy Tanner Social Networking and Channel Sales Consultant My network presence throughout the internet: http://xeeme.com/timothytanner I tweet about social media and technology as @Timothy_says I usually follow back. Examples of companies worked with in permanent, contract and consulting roles: IBM, HP, Motorola, Sharp, Northeastern University and KForce. I combine my extensive experience in Social Media and High Tech to develop dynamic channel sales teams and programs. Founder of the "Semper Paratus!" group on LinkedIn. Also a LinkedIn Lion with thousands of business connections throughout the world. Join me on LinkedIn.com http://linkedin.com/in/timothytanner
- As the worlds of IT and business continue to converge, the more important it becomes to provide quality client service.
2 days 9 hours ago
- Official answer 1: Nothing! Official answer 2: Geo-map games! People's answers: more than you can imagine.
6 days 12 hours ago
- Here are some of the apps and tools I would recommend trying out if you want to try making your phone conscious of your driving.
1 week 1 day ago
- Help! I’m a talented programmer with great experience and a good professional track record. I’ve also been job hunting for months and still can’t find a job. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
1 week 2 days ago
- If modern smartphones are all about making our lives easier, why don't they try harder at keeping us from using them while driving?
1 week 6 days ago
- Mentors can help navigate the professional as well as the technical side of an IT career.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- I get this sense that sometimes you'd rather read, send, and reply to text messages from your laptop or desktop keyboard, using your actual cellphone number.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- I had the pleasure of speaking with Jean Dobey, the CEO and Founder of www.Hibe.com and Tim Morris, the firm’s VP of Marketing and Business Development. Our discussion centered around entrepreneurship as a profession and finding the right idea to start your company.
3 weeks 3 days ago
- "Share" is Android's greatest strength, and the hardest thing for newcomers to grasp. It has to get better for Android to step ahead.
4 weeks 17 hours ago
- In last week’s column we discussed four technology related tips and four ways to properly prepare you and your surrounding for Skype based call. This week we will provide additional tips related to screen logistics, interview delivery, and post call activities.
4 weeks 3 days ago
- Next week I have a job interview via Skype. I’ve done phone-based interviews, but never using Skype. Anything I should or shouldn’t do?
5 weeks 1 day ago
- Let me just lay it all out here on the table, so there is no misunderstanding. The way we use phones has changed.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- Moving from a first line management role (IT Manager) to a manager of managers (IT Director), is a bigger professional transition than you may think.
6 weeks 8 hours ago
- Moving from the player/coach type role of Technical Lead into an IT Manager role moves you from technical leadership to a position of department stewardship and technical mentor.
7 weeks 1 day ago
- It's much harder than it looks to leave the wonderfully free world of Messages and get back to standard text messages with friends. So much so, you might wonder why it is so hard.
7 weeks 6 days ago
- Congratulations on becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME), you are now a recognized expert in your chosen profession. So what’s next?
8 weeks 2 days ago
- kevinpurdy wrote iPhone homescreens in 2014: No Microsoft, Apple and Twitter replacements, Yahoo ascendantHere's what one dev firm found when it dug into 1,000 homescreens shared on Twitter. It's what people really use, not what they say, that matters.
8 weeks 3 days ago
- You use your phone camera to take a photo of your W-2, your 1099 from your checking and savings accounts, and you answer a few questions about your residency and other conditions from the prior year. And then you file your taxes.
8 weeks 6 days ago
- I like Google's photo backup and editing tools, but as a distinct service and entity, not as part of the Google Plus experience. Here's how to get just the backup part.
9 weeks 15 hours ago
- This column came about due to the convergence of two forces. The first force is the number of questions that I receive on an ongoing basis specifically related to Cisco certifications. The second force was having the pleasure of speaking with Tejas Vashi and Danny Tomic regarding Cisco’s new security certification training programs.
9 weeks 1 day ago
- kevinpurdy wrote EverythingMe is an Android launcher that will actually improve your phone experienceEverythingMe (or sometimes EverythingMe) is a launcher/homescreen I've grown to like lately. Like a new roommate who makes you nervous when he shows up with a guitar, but you come to find he respects quiet hours and plays Django Reinhardt tunes quite faithfully.
10 weeks 13 hours ago
- The "Make Available Offline" option in Maps seemed to go away with the big redesign, but it was actually just tucked into a strange, Google-like phrase.
10 weeks 1 day ago
- I’m currently unemployed and would like to find a job in the data security area. I’m currently enrolled in a part-time IT degree program at a local college, but really need a job now to pay the bills.
10 weeks 2 days ago
- When first entering a technical profession, whether it be as a programmer, help desk professional, tester, security specialist or other technical role, it’s almost like starting over. Yes, you have gained significant knowledge and expertise in college or technical school, but becoming a pro is like starting over.
10 weeks 2 days ago
- kevinpurdy wrote "Insufficient Storage Available" on Android and how to fix it (a.k.a. The UNIX-y Man Behind the Curtain)Here is a compendium of fixes to the "Insufficient Storage Available" annoyance on Android phones. Sometimes it's a bug, sometimes it's a real issue. At all times, it is really aggravating.
10 weeks 6 days ago
- 1 of 16