- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: September 2012
Bio: Timothy Tanner Social Networking and Channel Sales Consultant My network presence throughout the internet: http://xeeme.com/timothytanner I tweet about social media and technology as @Timothy_says I usually follow back. Examples of companies worked with in permanent, contract and consulting roles: IBM, HP, Motorola, Sharp, Northeastern University and KForce. I combine my extensive experience in Social Media and High Tech to develop dynamic channel sales teams and programs. Founder of the "Semper Paratus!" group on LinkedIn. Also a LinkedIn Lion with thousands of business connections throughout the world. Join me on LinkedIn.com http://linkedin.com/in/timothytanner
- I had the pleasure of speaking with Fred Shilmover, the CEO of InsightSquared, an impressive cloud-based company based in Cambridge, MA specializing in cloud-based business analytics.
1 week 2 days ago
- Yes, you read the title of this column correctly. College students who take COBOL as an elective course as part of their college studies were hired at a higher starting salary than their peers.
2 weeks 2 days ago
- I am a .NET developer working in one of the financial companies. Could you please guide me as to how to scale up my professional life and compensation?
3 weeks 1 day ago
- I had the pleasure of speaking with Tom Catalini about his new eBook “Talking Points: Communication Skills to Advance Your IT Career “.
5 weeks 1 day ago
- I’ve been bouncing from technology-to-technology and application-to-application for about ten years. As a result, I’m always a worker and never the leader. How do I pick the right technology and application area to stick with and become a real expert?
6 weeks 19 hours ago
- My last blog discussed the “marketing” side of IT job hunting. Today’s blog discusses “sales”.
7 weeks 1 day ago
- I’m looking for an overall plan for my job search. I’ve updated my resume, I’m applying for jobs online, and I’m doing some personal networking. It’s funny, I’m a Project Manager by profession and can’t seem to create a project plan for finding myself a new job. Your thoughts please?
8 weeks 2 days ago
- Help, I’m a Business Analyst and I just lost my job. My company just closed and everyone working there was just told to go home. What should I do first to get a new job?
9 weeks 2 days ago
- I had the great pleasure of speaking with Jim Maholic, a VP in Hitachi Consulting’s Management Consulting and Industries Practice. We discussed how to identify, calculate and communicate the value of large scale IT projects, based on Jim’s book “Business Cases that Mean Business”.
11 weeks 7 hours ago
- I’ve been in IT for about four years as an individual contributor and would like to be a CIO one day. How do I get there?
12 weeks 1 day ago
- Help! My resume looks great, my job experience is right on target, and I have great references. My problem is whenever I do a phone-based interview or job screening, they never call me back. How can I improve my phone-based interviews?
13 weeks 4 days ago
- My daughter just graduated college with a degree in Computer Science and landed a job with an insurance company in their IT department. What makes an IT person successful?
14 weeks 1 day ago
- I am an accountant with over eight years experience in banking financial control and wish to change my career and move into IT. I just do not know exactly where to begin the journey.
14 weeks 6 days ago
- I am going to lightly lay some Pro Tips on you and your phone talking. Fear not: they are real tips, based on actual fixes.
15 weeks 1 day ago
- I have been an individual contributor for almost five years and would like to become a manager. What class should I take to get the management skills I need to be promoted?
16 weeks 2 days ago
- Don't lose sight of another reason to try out DuckDuckGo on your iPhone or iPad: it is a really smart search engine that wants to save you time.
16 weeks 5 days ago
- I recently graduated from a technical school with the goal of changing careers and entering the IT field. I have a little IT professional experience and my A+ certification. Any tips on finding a job?
17 weeks 1 day ago
- The entirety of calorie counting is a really, really rough estimated science. And it hasn't changed that much in more than 100 years.
17 weeks 5 days ago
- The combination of programming and database skills are not only a wonderful combination from a software development perspective, it also has the potential to pivot you into other technical areas.
18 weeks 1 day ago
- Lux is an app that remembers just how bright you actually need your phone to be to see the screen. It saves you serious battery life in the long haul.
18 weeks 5 days ago
- I had the incredible pleasure of speaking with AARP CIO Terry Bradwell. From a CIO’s perspective, he is living the dream and, in my eyes, is a role model for all IT professionals, from the newest intern to the most experienced CIO. This is what he said and how it can help you in your career.
19 weeks 7 hours ago
- Phones are getting harder, but not necessarily tougher. What that means, exactly, explained here.
19 weeks 5 days ago
- I have a BS in IT Engineering, my CCNA certification, and am currently studying for my CCNP. I’m also in a post graduate program in network engineering. My graduate classes seem out of date and boring. I don’t have time to do both, should I prepare for the CCNP exam or continue my university studies?
20 weeks 1 day ago
- The Lantronix xPrintServer Cloud Edition can turn many, many wireless and USB printers into Cloud-Print-ready printers.
20 weeks 5 days ago
- I have been working on the Help Desk for about five years. I’d like to expand my skills and have been thinking about learning more about supporting mobile devices. Do you think this is a good idea? If yes, what should I learn?
21 weeks 2 days ago
- 1 of 17