- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2008
Areas of Interest:
Great tip! Back when we had a 3 disc plan we did have profiles... she got 1 disc, I got 1 disc and we had a 'together' profile that got 1 disc. But since we went pure streaming I'd kind of forgotten about those profiles. They're only ever evident in that little drop-down menu on your name in the web interface, right? I never considered continuing to use them for recommendations. Thanks!If things go according to plan you and your family members will each have your own Netflix Streaming profile by the end of summer, putting an end to those awkward situations that happen when kid's shows and adult content both get dumped into the recommendation engine.
19 hours 10 min ago
- pasmith wrote There's less than 2 weeks before the end of Google Reader. Here's my plan. What's yours?When Google announced it was shutting down Reader (back in March) it felt like we had plenty of time to come up with a plan of action. Now with less than two weeks to go I'm still searching for the perfect replacement.
1 day 12 hours ago
- Microsoft couldn't catch a break this week; it got so bad that this Sony fanboy almost felt sorry for them! So is this war over already, or can the Xbox One make a comeback?
5 days 9 hours ago
- If things go according to plan you and your family members will each have your own Netflix Streaming profile by the end of summer, putting an end to those awkward situations that happen when kid's shows and adult content both get dumped into the recommendation engine.
6 days 12 hours ago
- pasmith wrote Mad Catz's MOJO and BlueStacks' GamePop: More options for playing mobile games on your TVE3 isn't just about $400-$500 gaming consoles. Some consumers would rather spend less on both hardware and games.
1 week 9 hours ago
Yeah, being an analyst seems to be like being a weatherman. No one ever calls you on it when you get it wrong.It's been 7 and 8 years since the launch of the PS3 and Xbox 360 (respectively) and a dollar doesn't go as far as it used to. Unless we're talking about video game consoles, if one analyst's predictions are correct.
1 week 19 hours ago
- Microsoft and Sony held their E3 press conferences yesterday and we finally got to see the PS4 and it looks, well, kind of similar to the Xbox One! Here's a recap of how the events went and my opinion of who 'won' E3.
1 week 1 day ago
- Microsoft made the wise choice of getting all the unpleasantness out in the open before the fun of E3 begins. And the news wasn't all bad. Here's what we learned last night.
1 week 5 days ago
- pasmith wrote Microsoft shows off Windows 8.1, and why you may want to skip the preview version [video]Windows 8.1 Preview is coming later this month, and to get us excited Microsoft has released a 4.5 minute teaser video. But some users might want to wait for the final version before jumping in.
1 week 6 days ago
Really!? So even cheaper than the Wii U? At least, than the only version of the Wii U that anyone wants. Interesting. I'd be delighted if you were right!It's been 7 and 8 years since the launch of the PS3 and Xbox 360 (respectively) and a dollar doesn't go as far as it used to. Unless we're talking about video game consoles, if one analyst's predictions are correct.
1 week 6 days ago
- Netflix let its Viacom deal expire at the end of April, and now Dora and a bunch of other Nickelodeon shows are exclusively on Amazon Prime.
2 weeks 12 hours ago
- It's been 7 and 8 years since the launch of the PS3 and Xbox 360 (respectively) and a dollar doesn't go as far as it used to. Unless we're talking about video game consoles, if one analyst's predictions are correct.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Here's another device aimed at improving our TV discovery and viewing experience. The one big caveat? They need buy-in from your cable provider.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- The Ouya was designed to be open and side-loading apps is pretty easy. Here's how to get an app from another Android device over to your Ouya.
2 weeks 6 days ago
- It's called phase conjugation and it's a technique that can deliver a 400 gigabit signal over thousands of miles, using existing fiber.
3 weeks 12 hours ago
Yeah, I got 3. On May 9th I got an email saying it was going to ship and keep an eye out for a follow-up with a tracking number.On May 13th I got the email with the tracking number, saying the number might not be in the system for 48 hours.On May 16th I got the same email again, with the same tracking number, and it still wasn't in the system. On May 21st it finally hit the DHL tracking system and it was already in Georgia.DHL handed it off to the US Postal Service, and it arrived here in NC on the 30th. Hope this helps. Basically even though the tracking number wasn't registering, the Ouya was in transit, at least.The Android-based Ouya gaming console started shipping to Kickstarter backers on March 28th of this year. It took nearly two months before mine arrived, but it's finally here. Was it worth the wait?
3 weeks 19 hours ago
- The Android-based Ouya gaming console started shipping to Kickstarter backers on March 28th of this year. It took nearly two months before mine arrived, but it's finally here. Was it worth the wait?
3 weeks 1 day ago
- There are a lot of ways to record your PC gaming sessions but most of them eat into your processing power. Nvidia says it's going to fix that with ShadowPlay and its new GTX 780 video card (or any Kepler-based card).
3 weeks 5 days ago
- Tuesday's Xbox One reveal answered some questions but also left us uncertain about a number of key topics. Microsoft seems less than concerned that they've left so many potential customers rather confused.
3 weeks 6 days ago
- pasmith wrote Farewell Xbox 720, hello Xbox One. Microsoft reveals its next gen home entertainment consoleSome thoughts about the presentation and about questions not yet answered, such as how Xbox One will impact used game sales and what the truth is about the rumored 'always connected' requirement.
4 weeks 12 hours ago
- Today's the day Microsoft wows us (I hope) with it's next generation Xbox. So how does Sony combat that? With an ineffectual teaser that comes across as just sad...
4 weeks 1 day ago
- Ouya gets $15 million in funding, delays launch and improves their controller. Meanwhile Gamepop offers a subscription-based Android gaming solution for your TV. But many questions remain.
5 weeks 5 days ago
I've been really pleased with mine, and I don't think it's just me... I haven't seen a negative review of the Roku 3. It's possible I've just missed them but all the sites I read seemed to like it as well. Do keep in mind the Roku 3 only has HDMI out. Some of the other models offer more options in case you want to use component ports or something.And I finally get around to mentioning the Time Warner Cable Roku Channel, too.
5 weeks 5 days ago
- And I finally get around to mentioning the Time Warner Cable Roku Channel, too.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- pasmith wrote Xbox 720 headed to Gamescom, new Wolfenstein to next gen consoles, but no Battlefield 4 for Wii UYesterday we got word of another confirmed next gen title launching in Q4 of this year. Plus good and bad news for Wii U owners, and Sony gets even more indie-friendly.
6 weeks 13 hours ago
- 1 of 14