- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Carla Schroder loves high-tech toys, and is the author of The Book of Audacity, Linux Networking Cookbook, Linux Cookbook, and hundreds of Linux howto articles.
- Whatever your primary OS, Linux distro Tails 1.0 offers a plethora of security features to help you work online without worrying about privacy issues.
18 weeks 6 days ago
2 years 4 weeks ago
- Open source doesn't have to mean free of cost, but thanks to the generosity of open source developers many thousands of great applications are free. Why spend money when you don't have to? Though if you like and depend on an app, nothing says thanks like clicking the "Donate" button.
2 years 7 weeks ago
- KVM is the up-and-coming enterprise virtualization contender. It's lean, mean, fast, and runs unmodified guest operating systems with ease. In this crash course we get KVM up and running on Ubuntu Server, install multiple guests, manage storage, and migrate guests to new hosts.
2 years 46 weeks ago
- PostgreSQL is more than an RBDMS, it's an object-relational database management system a traditional relational database with an object-oriented database model. This open source hybrid is easy to set up and learn.
3 years 3 weeks ago
- Before committing to something that will be sucking rivers of money out of your pocket, take a look at some of these good open source BI offerings. Most of them have free-of-cost community editions and enterprise version free trials so you can try before you buy. It may be that the free versions will meet your needs.
3 years 16 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.