- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- I’m sure this is sounds silly to Mac users, but I grew up with C64s and DOS before moving onto Windows and I don’t have a lot of experience with Macs. Sometime when I’m reading something about Macs they refer to the “Apple key.” Well, I’ve looked at the keyboard and I don’t see a key with an Apple on it anywhere.
6 weeks 3 days ago
- When connecting my personal laptop, which is running Windows 7, to my office’s wireless network I keep getting a “limited connectivity error”. I can connect fine at home. What can I do to resolve this?
17 weeks 2 days ago
- There is probably an index.htm file in the WordPress installation directory. It is a PHP application, which means the default homepage is index.php. Go into the WordPress installation folder on your web server and delete any index.htm or index.html file that you find.
29 weeks 4 days ago
- zeeman answers Re: What level of background knowledge is needed to develop Salesforce Force.com apps?To develop a relatively simple, custom application, you can use Salesforce’s tool and do it without any coding. They go out of their way to make it simple, and I would say anyone with experience as a Salesforce Admin could do it pretty easily.
29 weeks 4 days ago
- That’s a pretty extensive list of requirements (although some are easty to meet, like screen size).
32 weeks 1 day ago
- A Gravatar is basically just a subset of avatars. Globally Recognized AVATARS = Gravatars. It’s sort of the avatar equivalent of a bathroom sign, for the most part you can tell where the bathroom is no matter where you go around the world. Generally they are used for default avatars on sites that allow reader comments/posts.
34 weeks 1 day ago
- zeeman asks Can Android based gaming systems compete with dedicated gaming consoles from Sony and Microsoft?Some of the screenshots I’ve seen of games on the Ouya and GameStick that look amazingly close to console games like the X360 and PS3. Has the software reached a point where it can be considered a legit competitor to those consoles?
41 weeks 2 days ago
- Are there any major difference between VMWare Player and Player Plus?
46 weeks 4 days ago
- I just got an article forwarded to me about the ITC finding that a number of iPhone designs infringed on Samsung patents and were banned from sale in the US. Like many of the things that get forwarded, I thought it was probably bogus, but when I did a quick search there were a lot of hits saying the same thing.
1 year 12 weeks ago
- zeeman answers Re: What's the difference between Google's Play Music All Access and all the other music streaming choices?They are all variations of a theme. They all deliver the same music, at least for the most part, it just varies on how they serve it up and how much they charge for it.
1 year 14 weeks ago
- Also, is there backwards compatibility with USB 3.0 and 2.0?
1 year 21 weeks ago
- I haven't bought a new phone in quite a while. My old Motorola Charm (bet you've never seen one of those) is just a touch outdated. It's running Android 2.1, remember that? Our BYOD policy basically allows me to use any device, so I can get whatever I want.
1 year 44 weeks ago
- It only works if you are logged in, so I guess you don't log in to Google if you don't want the two integrated. Although, now that I think about it, if you use Talk, Voice, Calendar, etc. then you pretty much have to be logged in all the time. I'm logged into Google right now, in fact, sitting at my desk at work.
2 years 2 weeks ago
- If I ever doubted that my friends and I were a little odd, it was confirmed when I found out that not one, not two, but three of us had independently made plans to stream E3 at work next week.
2 years 12 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.